A weekly check-up of gender, medicine, and history in the news
- Epidemics and urban design.
- Radical psychiatry: 50 years later.
- The myth of the “underage woman.”
- The woman who tasted Hitler’s food.
- How “carpe diem” got lost in translation.
- The dangers of on-demand digital therapy.
- Hedgehogs, cannabis bread, and horse placenta.
- What do traffic jams have to do with segregation?
- Disability and the myth of the independent scientist.
- The environmentalist roots of anti-immigrant bigotry.
- The crowd-funded effort to win back a Victorian dildo.
- The women’s hospital in D.C. that became a Trader Joe’s.
- The enduring influence of the Black Panther Party newspaper.
- Everything we learned about women’s anatomy from male authors.
- See scrap of cloth believed to be from Elizabeth I’s only surviving dress.