A weekly check-up of gender, medicine, and history in the news
- The brave and fluffy cats of WWI.
- Tech lessons from the “Dark Ages.”
- Medical conspiracy theories in history.
- How would Bill Gates teach a history class?
- The Economist’s horrible defense of slavery.
- Jack the Ripper case solved through DNA?
- White-knuckle adventures in early dentistry.
- The dangerous and painful history of surgery.
- Replacing the ambulance with a station wagon.
- Where are the animals in the history of sexuality?
- New memorial honors disabled victims of the Nazis.
- Photos of 1920s Philadelphians hanging out on their stoops.
- A legal battle over one of the most famous photo collections.
- 10 female revolutionaries you didn’t learn about in history class.
*Featured image courtesy of Wellcome Images.