A weekly check-up of gender, medicine, and history in the news.
- Japan may un-apologize to WWII “comfort women.”
- Meet the perfect woman circa 1912.
- MythBusting the corset.
- New Zealand’s weirdest archival secrets.
- An imperial tomb too deadly to explore?
- Jack Klugman’s unheralded role in America’s medical history.
- Geneticists will analyze Adam Lanza’s DNA.
- Sand Creek Massacre descendants seek justice.
- In defense of the foreskin.
- Boys also entering puberty earlier.
- New FDR film, Hyde Park on the Hudson, more fiction than fact.
- Native American graffiti restored on Alcatraz.
- U.S. government’s anti-malaria cartoons.
- Childrearing advice from the Kansas State Board of Health, 1900-1920.
- Lead poisoning and ancient remedies.