Sunday Morning Medicine
A weekly check-up of gender, medicine, and history in the news.
- Even Batgirl supports the ERA.
- Menstrual huts protect against adultery.
- An update on the man cured from AIDS.
- Shocking information about women and HIV.
- The rise of caregiving fathers and its effects on women.
- The evolutionary benefit of gay men for families.
- Historian, Jim Downs, and the incredible link between emancipation and sickness.
- Why are we debating whether Madonna’s nipples too old?
- Lost in the wilderness? All you need is a tampon to survive.
- Scientists have now mapped all of the microbes on your body.
Featured image caption: Ayer’s Cathartic Pills, a safe pleasant and reliable family medicine. Flickr
Jacqueline Antonovich is the creator and co-founder of Nursing Clio and served as executive editor from 2012 to 2021. She is an Assistant Professor of History at Muhlenberg College. Her current research focuses on women physicians, race, gender, and medical imperialism in the American West. Jacqueline received her PhD from the University of Michigan in 2018.