Sunday Morning Medicine
A weekly check-up of gender, medicine, and history in the news.
- A visit to the vibrator museum
- Supersize Me‘s Morgan Spurlock tackles the evolution of male health and beauty treatments in his new documentary, Mansome.
- Are many Baby Boomer’s unknowingly carrying a potentially deadly disease?
- The scary consequences of “fetal harm laws”
- Feministe examines feminism, breasts (natural or augmented), and empowering art
- Jezebel looks at the lengths some women will go to in order to become grandmothers
- A new type of vaginal ring on the horizon?
- Nursing Clio‘s very own Jacqueline Antonovich and her adventures in documenting the history of Alcoholics Anonymous (Check out the blog post written by her PhD Advisor)
Featured image caption: Mrs. Winslow’s Soothing Syrup for children teething. Flickr
Jacqueline Antonovich is the creator and co-founder of Nursing Clio and served as executive editor from 2012 to 2021. She is an Assistant Professor of History at Muhlenberg College. Her current research focuses on women physicians, race, gender, and medical imperialism in the American West. Jacqueline received her PhD from the University of Michigan in 2018.