A weekly check-up of gender, medicine, and history in the news.
- Salon interviews Boulder author, Florence Williams, on her new book, Breasts: A Natural and Unnatural History
- Is the FDA preparing to release the first preventative HIV medication?
- Fifty Shades of Grey is too racy for Florida librarians. They must have read our own Carolyn’s post on the subject!
- The BBC reports on a new study that found vaginal rings and patches may be a riskier form of contraception than the oral pill.
- Smithsonian.com comments on the raw milk movement.
- A revised definition of “addiction” may have enormous consequences for patients, doctors, and health insurance companies.
- Where do United States’ mothers rank in a new international survey on the “State of the World’s Mothers“?
- The painful story behind the history of dentistry