Sunday Morning Medicine
A weekly check-up of gender, medicine, and history in the news
- WWI in photos.
- Oral histories of the homeless.
- Historians vs. the Nixon Library.
- Why the passenger pigeon went extinct.
- A people’s history of Muslims in the U.S.
- Early modern remedies for unwanted lust.
- Portraits of early 20th century gay culture.
- Scientists urge delay in destroying last smallpox.
- 18 preserved prison tattoos that are still attached to skin.
- The female Art Deco designer that you’ve never heard of.
- 1950s advice on how ladies should behave in a restaurant.
- Meet the deaf-blind woman who came before Helen Keller.
- Your travel insurance probably doesn’t cover mental health.
- The long, sad history of exploitation in 20th-century agriculture.
- Cartoon puppies: How ad execs convinced America to buy pet food.