Sunday Morning Medicine
A weekly check-up of gender, medicine, and history in the news
- Vintage divorce postcards.
- Photos from 1938 Mardi Gras.
- A history of sex and chocolate.
- Hemingway ephemera digitized.
- A 19th century map of matrimony.
- 25 historic images of breastfeeding.
- Sarajevo’s abandoned Olympic sites.
- Black child savers along the Hudson.
- Get your wind farm off my historic site.
- The Nazi plan to weaponize mosquitos.
- The last jewel of a 20th-century cafeteria empire
- D’oh! Museum worker sits in and breaks Napoleon’s chair.
- Abandoned malls remind us that the 1980s are now history.
- 1,000 bodies found buried underneath old “lunatic asylum.”
- A history of African-American librarians at the National Library of Medicine.