A weekly check-up of gender, medicine, and history in the news
- A fun history of yard sales.
- Sartre, Camus, and the FBI.
- Color photos of Cairo in 1910.
- Mormon-themed aphrodisiacs.
- Manly slang from the 19th century.
- Chasing the White House Cézannes
- Puritans and their wacky baby names.
- The Real Mermaids of San Marcos, Texas.
- How a 90s pop song improved asthma treatment.
- What does testicle size have to do with fatherhood?
- Alcoholics Anonymous and the “geographical cure.“
- Chinese unearth ancient tomb of “female prime minister.”
- Buzzfeed has some fun with vintage French medical posters.
* “Gonorrhea can Deprive a Woman of the Joy of Motherhood” – Image courtesy of Cushing/Whitney Medical Library. Historical Library. Yale University