Sunday Morning Medicine
A weekly check-up of gender, medicine, and history in the news.
- Sex and polio in the movies.
- Your condoms are not made in Condom, France.
- Oldest message in a bottle found.
- Why abortion apologies hurt the pro-choice cause.
- Ancient Korean love letter unearthed.
- The dangers of deconstructing women.
- The really strange and sad story behind the man who wrote, “Strange Fruit.”
- Junk DNA theory is, well . . . junk.
- The contentious history of the popsicle.
- “Blanket hornpipe” and other sex euphemisms from the 1800s.
- Learning to play piano can cause sexual disorders (according to 19th-century doctors).
- Methadone moms caught in the middle.
- 9,000-year-old charms found in Israel.
- The intersection of history and neuroscience.
- Drugs and sexuality still fuel the debate behind Alice in Wonderland.