Sunday Morning Medicine
A weekly check-up of gender, medicine, and history in the news.
- The history of the condom.
- Use these old slang terms to impress your friends.
- Mascara used to be a lot more complicated.
- The stereotype that we wish would go away: Hollywood and the Helpless Husband.
- The treadmill prison.
- North Korean women can now ride bicycles.
- That time when Denver almost exploded.
- Should Autism keep a man from getting a heat transplant?
- Athleticism and male affection.
- Frank Zappa’s PSA for the American Dental Association.
- Analyzing the Nazi mind.
- Hunting down the truth behind a decapitation urban legend.
- The rise of the stay-at-home dad.
- Scenes from the 1908 Olympic marathon offer a glimpse of early-20th century London.
- Who can beat Nixon? A real board game from the 1970s.
- The U.S. finally begins its Agent Orange clean-up in Vietnam.
- Grandfather’s diary reveals clues to his last days in WWI.
- The penises of the Icelandic handball team immortalized.