Sunday Morning Medicine
A weekly check-up of gender, medicine, and history in the news.
- 10 snack foods that started out as medicines.
- 3 ways cooking has changed over the past 300 years.
- Did the Temperance Movement almost kill root beer?
- Do babies develop food allergies through damaged skin?
- Judge in UK authorizes a forced sterilization.
- Birth, infanticide and midwifery in early modern Scotland.
- Germany to offer three genders on birth certificates.
- What’s it like to be a patient in a 19th-century madhouse?
- How the “Wild West” really looked.
- The mystery of the vanishing gun inventor.
- Badger digs up a medieval treasure in Germany.
- Aging Chinese population come to terms with Cultural Revolution.
- Haunting photos of cathedrals destroyed in WWI.
- Rare photos of Paris’ mechanical sidewalks.
- A 1960s pamphlet instructs children how to tell the good people from the bad.
- And finally, Star Wars characters urge you to vaccinate!