Sunday Morning Medicine
A weekly check-up of gender, medicine, and history in the news.
- New photograph of poet Emily Dickinson discovered.
- “Bullying, Masculinity, and the Spectre of the Fag.”
- Does breastfeeding cause droopy breasts? (thankfully, science has the answer.)
- Speaking of breasts . . . a breast washing machine circa 1930s!?
- Stock photographs of sad babies with their feminist mommies.
- Art, the brain, and neuroscience.
- The ways in which the Civil War changed our perspectives of death.
- African Americans and the founding of the West.
- The Georgia State Archives is in danger of closing – sign this petition!
- Breathtaking interactive web exhibit featuring 1930s color photography.
- Is social media making women safer from sexual predators?
- Bioartificial organs made from the body’s own cells.
- The importance of menopause in Killer Whales.
- Testosterone treatments are all the rage.
- The effectiveness of ovarian cancer screenings in doubt.
- What white feminists get wrong about Michelle Obama.
- The Civil Rights Movement and women’s bodies.
- What does our perception of Female Sexual Dysfunction say about our societal perception of female sexuality?