Sunday Morning Medicine
A weekly check-up of gender, medicine, and history in the news.
- The very brief history of the term, “baby bump.”
- Who do you think the Governor of Iowa chose to serve on the State Board of Medicine – a doctor or a priest?
- Navigating the scary world of aging lady parts.
- Can the Occupy Movement help fight in the War Against Women?
- The Supreme Court rules on the complex issue of post-mortem conception.
- Isn’t it Ironic? – Singer Alanis Morissette weighs in on the attachment parenting debate.
- Do pregnant black women receive worse medical treatment than white women?
- The Crunk Feminist Collective examines black women, nudity, and the politics of touch.
- Wisconsin licences its first midwife of color.
- Oh those wacky 1920s…
- Want to attract a man? Acting sleepy and stupid is apparently a good way to go.